Monday, July 20, 2009

Make A Wish

I recently celebrated my birthday...the big 28. I am someone that makes a big deal/production/spectacle out of the day of my birth. This year was no different. We had our second annual KMT (Kira/Melissa/Tom) Birthday Extravaganza. For me there is so much stress and anxiety associated with this party. I picked the venue, sent out the evite, took off work to make and ice four dozen cupcakes and construct a custom stand, and I worried all the while that no one would show up. Silly, I know, but I always do this.

Luckily, many of you did make it to the party and the ones that couldn't come for geographic reasons called and texted. In the end, it was a fabulous party! We packed the space, consumed way too many mojitos (and bday shots, including tequila, which I don't take anymore, thanks Reed!) and I danced ON almost every surface upstairs at Cafe Citron. At one point I was dancing on a (not-so-sturdy) upholstered bench when one of the security guys made a beeline over to me...I assumed he was coming to make me get down since I was wearing a stunning pair of heels that probably weren't great for the cushion, but much to my surprise, he suggested I would be more comfortable dancing on the main table where we had served our cupcakes. Uhhh...yes, please! It's not every day you get to do that. So I spent most of the night dancing over my guests, taking tons of aerial pics and generally having a ball. We had DC Police present and even some U.S. Marshals stopped by...as guests of course, KB and I don't require a security detail...at least not when we are away from the office :-).

So here's to what I hope will be an amazing year!

No comments: