Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Oh Baby!

I seem to be having trouble sleeping lately. I have always stayed up late and have dealt with bouts of insomnia most of my life so I should be used to it I guess. As a child, I was a big hit at slumber parties since I could always outlast everyone else and these days I am often the last woman standing when I go out. At least I don't have to be at work until 10ish so it's not so bad.

I think I have figured out part of what is causing this latest case of insomnia, and it pivots around factors that I cannot control nor discuss at the moment. Oh well.

Last night I thought I was actually going to get to sleep--I had gone to the gym, I was really tired and I practically dozed off at the computer. But alas, once I changed, crawled under the covers and tried to sleep, I was up for HOURS. And, to top it off, I was clenching my jaw. Oh joy!

Once I finally fell asleep I had a very graphic dream that I was pregnant! I woke up at one point and even went back to sleep so I could finish the dream and give birth, which coincidentally was short and painless! Insanity! This isn't the first time I have dreamed about having a baby lately. Don't worry, this isn't my way of announcing any news. I am not, I repeat, I am not preggers. I blame all the babies! I know like 11 people right now that either just had or are very
soon having a baby--and two of those people have twins! It's an epidemic...a drooling, poopy, but oh so adorable one, but an epidemic just the same (case in point my "nephew" Jackson pictured at the right--I just want to squeeze him!).

I don't think it means anything. A wise friend once told me that if you dream you are pregnant, it just means someone in your circle is pregnant...and Lord knows that's true. 

Back to not sleeping. Why am I so wide awake home all alone at 1 am on a Wed???

3 comments:

KBJ said...

I LOVE Jackson.... I too am wondering why I can not sleep. I have tried tea/bath.... nope nothing.
But back to Jackson, seriously! He is perfect, I wish I could pluck him off the page!

Kinsey said...

You guys are soooo sweet! If it makes you feel any better, I haven't slept in 2 nights. Jackson has decided to wake up every 45 minutes now. I'm a zombie...

jeffa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.