Thursday, April 2, 2009

Road Trip to VA

I’m so sleepy after a whirlwind road trip deep into Virginia, but it was definitely worth it. I took off yesterday afternoon, hopped in my car and headed out of the city. Traffic was absolutely insane. These days, the extent of my driving is a few miles to the grocery store a couple of times a month, and I forgot how much I hate traffic. Hats off to all my comrades in Texas who sit through that kind of thing every day on their commutes. No way I could do that!

A friend from out of town was in Chesapeake for work and I went to hang out for the night. He was there in Feb and we went to Virginia Beach and had a crazy night that resulted in me stripping down and running into the Atlantic Ocean in 40-degree weather. What can I say? I love the ocean.

Well last night, I stayed out of the water, but still had a great night. We hung out at a cool little bar that served sweet tea vodka and ended up staying so late that most of the restaurants were closed (welcome to suburbia) so we had to order Chinese food with the really cool bartender and have it delivered to the bar. For some reason I was so amused by this. I guess, because it was such a fabulous and different way to spend a Wednesday. Sure beats sitting on my bed alone watching my Sex and City DVDs and not sleeping. I love nights like last night. I seem to specialize in these types of rapid trips and random moments. I think it’s important to take every chance to do the things and see the people you want…even if it’s only for a few hours.

Plus, I got Sonic on the way home today. The closest one is in Fredericksburg, about 40 minutes from DC. Yeah for tater tots and a vanilla Coke!

No comments: