Monday, March 23, 2009

Don't jump!

This weekend I took the bus up to NYC to meet up with my sister. She was there with her church for spring break and had a free day Friday. It was great to see her, and the second time this year we have been able to meet up outside of Houston and a holiday or official family event.

After an exhausting day of walking Friday, we slept in Saturday morning. As I was getting ready, my sister opened the window and sat on the ledge to enjoy the beautiful day. About 15 minutes later, she was helping me straighten my hair when someone started beating on the door. I was sitting there in just a t-shirt, and even though I assumed it was one of the girls from my sister’s group, I decided to put on pants (good move!). As I was zipping up my jeans, about six NYPD officers stormed our room. Apparently, someone in the apartment building across the way had thought my sister was a jumper and called it in. Needless to say they were a little annoyed with us and lectured us about how “you can’t do that kind of thing in New York City.” I guess they really thought we were a couple of bumpkins from Texas.

It was pretty entertaining; I wish I could have gotten a picture of my sister talking to the cops, but they were already pretty upset and I didn’t think they would be amused.

No comments: