Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Last Three Weeks

The last three weeks have been an absolute whirlwind.

From the moment I got the call about Dr. Tiller's murder, I have been going nonstop. I have fielded more press calls than I can remember, written alerts for our members, talking points, and a eulogy. I watched my boss do tapings at NPR and appear on Rachel Maddow. I even traveled to Wichita at the last minute to help at the funeral. 

I can honestly say I have never worked harder or been more tired in my entire life. Although the circumstances have been terrible, I am very proud of the work I have done these last few weeks. 

Like any death, the past few weeks have given me perspective.  So many cliches come to mind: life is short, seize the day, say what you need to say. It's a reminder to not play games and not wait by the phone. When it comes to people and relationships, I wish I was better about going after what I want. Blame the southern belle in me, but I am typically the one who waits for the guy to call and make the move...that's just me. Still, an event like this makes you reevaluate your course and remember the important people in your life.

So many of you have called or texted to check in with me during this time and it means the world to me. Thank you. I have amazing people in my life and whether I tell you often enough or not, please know that I know it.

1 comment:

KBJ said...

I am so proud of you and the work that has been produced over the past three weeks...
Although the news will move on our work will continue to be impacted by this.
Love from a fellow Dir......