Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The last 30+ days

Wow, it's been more than a month...so much has happened. Here are a few highlights:
  • I surprised my mom for her birthday and got to spend some quality time with one of my brothers and see lots of friends (and their babies).
  • Spent a fantastic Labor Day with several of my favorite ladies and had an amazing brunch complete with Texas-shaped waffles.
  • Did speed dating with a girlfriend and got asked out on 12 dates in two days. It was actually really fun! Four minutes is just enough time I think, it was interesting but without any pressure or the aspects of dating that make me nervous.
  • My cell phone finally died and I went a couple of weeks without it. It was nice on some level to be unreachable, but I'm glad to be connected again. After much thought and talking, I finally found a way to get an iphone and I am L-O-V-I-N-G it. I'm not really a gadget person nor do I usually splurge for technology (anyone who has seen my awesome TV/VCR combo I'm still rocking from my dorm days can testify to that), but I am addicted.
  • Traveled to West Virginia for an Oktoberfest party and walked around Harper's Ferry a bit.
  • Went to a party at the German Ambassador's residence. It was amazing! Like the party scene out of Meet Joe Black except without Brad Pitt as death in human form.

No comments: