Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Week in Review

A special Memorial Day edition:

Highs:
  • Hung out with one of my favorite bartenders and friend back home from Austin
  • Jazz in the Sculpture Garden started this week!!! One of my fave parts of summer in DC! Went with my crew from last year and a bunch of new friends...so fun!
  • Dogsat for Mr. Big's new lady friend
  • Arranged for several different friends (who were all strangers) to meet and party in Austin
  • Started watching The Wire--blew through Season 1 in two days...LOVE IT!
  • Went to a fab Memorial Day BBQ...and kept KB out way past her bedtime!
  • Listened to the new DMB album before it's released...can't wait to see them this summer at The Gorge!
  • Made some amazing Poulet a la Basquaise...WJB would be so proud! 

Lows:
  • Spent the week without my PIC who was on vacay in Ithaca
  • Wine+gin+sweet tea vodka=drunk dialing 
  • After filling up my cart, I had to evacuate Target due to a fire drill 
  • All those episodes of The Wire have me hyper-aware of crime in DC...and I did see a kid shooting at someone else on my way to the grocery store Saturday...scary!


1 comment:

KBJ said...

You have a habit of keeping me out past my bedtime.....