Monday, March 17, 2008

Lovely Day

Sometimes you can just tell it’s going to be a good day. Sometimes the little things like walking up to the platform as the metro is arriving just set your day on the right track and you know it’s gonna be a lovely day. Today is one of those days. I have lots to smile about:

--one of my closest friends came to visit me over the weekend from San Francisco;
--the weather was absolutely gorgeous all weekend and there was no rain at Shamrock Fest;
--I got to enjoy Bloody Marys and Sunday brunch with good friends;
--my Aggies made it to the Big Dance;
--the Rockets continued their 22 game winning streak and advanced to first place in the Western Conference;
--it’s St. Patrick’s Day and I have an excuse to booze on a Monday (like I need one?); and
--I am having a pretty rockin’ hair day.

All in all life is good.

This weekend I had my first out of town guest: my friend Kinsey who recently moved to SF. She arrived Thursday night and I took her to the airport (and Dulles at that!) today at 5:30am. For those of you who know me well, it is amazing that I am in such a good mood after getting up so early, but I am!

It can really be nice when different spheres of your life collide. I am truly lucky to have such wonderful people in my life and even luckier that they all seem to get along. It was an amazing weekend and I think I can safely say a good time was had by all that joined us on our tour o’DC. To those of you that joined us for any or all of this weekend, thank you for showing my friend such a great time.

Now it’s time to get geared up for March Madness! Gig’em Aggies!

No comments: