Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Barack the Vote


So last night, I decided to not be lame and brave the ice to meet a friend for a networking happy hour. The event was nice, at a fairly new bar that I had been to before and liked, and I met some cool people. In the true spirit of networking, I ended up leaving and going with a friend of a friend to the Obama for America party to celebrate his sweeping victory in the Potomac Primary.

Even though Obama himself was not there (he was already in Wisconsin), Mayor Fenty spoke and it was a great and different event. In addition to basically being at a huge political pep rally and getting all caught up in the momentum and unity of this historic campaign (who could get tired of watching the "Yes we Can" video...not me!), my friend and I were on the news! It was just the local NBC newscast, but you could tell it was me. Not my typical Tuesday night, nor what I had planned when I set out for “just 1 drink”…I love this city!

No comments: