Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Celebrating 35 years

After a fabulous weekend followed by a much-needed extra day to recover, my week has gotten off to a great start. As you can imagine, my work day was a little hectic since today was the 35th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, but it's days like today that remind me how lucky I am to have a job I love.

Here are a few highlights from Roe day 2008:

--As usual I stayed up too late, but once I got my ass out of bed, I was very pleased to see my boss quoted in a front-page story in the Post.

--Last week I worked with one of our members in Pennsylvania to write an op/ed and have it placed in their local paper. Not only was the member thrilled, but also the paper liked it and agreed to print it today as part of their Roe coverage.

--In addition to handling press calls, I was able to break up my day by accompanying my boss to FOX News to tape a segment for their evening news broadcast. Usually my boss goes on these calls alone so it was a really unexpected outing, but a lovely learning experience.

--I wrapped up my night catching up with friends and toasting each other and the day at a happy hour in Adams Morgan. Walking home, I couldn't help but be thankful for all the blessings in my life and the wonderful week ahead.

No comments: